General Health Community

Had blood drawn; blew my vein, now very painful & touched without wiping alcohol

I had blood drawn. I am usually a hard stick and this time was no different. She stuck me four times total. The second time, she moved the needle in & out, then all of a sudden I heard air hissing sound coming from the tube. She pulled the needle out after the air hissing sound coming from the needle/tube went on for several seconds. Right away, the puncture site began to throb and it got greener and greener. I asked her what happened several times, she didn't want to answer me, then finally muttered, "I bruised your vein"... she eventually got blood the 4th try on my arm. She wiped the area with alcohol, then she took her glove off, touched the skin & inserted the needle without wiping again after she touched with her bare hand. My questions:

What can happen from her touching the puncture site with her bare fingers and without wiping alcohol afterwards?

The area where she blew my vein is very painful right now. I can't really move my hand without it hurting. It's also swollen all around, when I touch it its very soft and liquid feeling. What is going on there?

Is something going to happen to me from the air going into my vein?

Thanks in advance for your time. I am feeling nervous and scared.
Hi there,
If blood collection was difficult it can cause blood to leak  into the tissues and pooling  there. It should go away on its own in a couple of days and there will a big color change form purple to blue to green to yellow). You should avoid heavy lifting for a few days as this could aggravate the pain in your arm. However, gentle movement is recommended whilst the bruise is healing. This will help the bruise to disperse. Application of cold packs to the area can help. Taking Paracetamol may help. This is merely an advice and not  a substitute for clinical examination. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
Good luck and take care!