General Health Community

Hard lump in arm

I`ve got a friend who has a drug use problem and 2 weeks ago got a lump in her arm after using meth via needle. It is a hard lump, no discoloration of the skin. when the arm is outstretched the muscle down the inner arm cramps up. She refuses to go to a doctor. What could this possibly be?
It sounds like Phlebitis. It's an inflammation of the vein. She should see a Dr about this, but if she refuses to go then there's nothing you can do about making her go.
I always hate to hear about people using drugs. This is a sad and scary thing.  Remar