Headaches and tight/lump in throat

For a couple weeks now I've been feeling this discomfort at the top of my throat - it feels like that feeling where you're about to crying so your throat gets all tight, but it's constant. There's not much pain to it, but it still worries me.

I'm not sure if it's related to the throat, but around the same time (a few days before I felt the throat thing) I'd been having nightly headaches (they would consistently appear around 5pm-ish and be there until I woke up the next morning, sometimes even for a few hours after that). These last couple of days, I have not been having these headaches at the same time, but for a few hours throughout the day.

I've been searching around the internet but I can't find anything other than thyroid cancer, which also worries me since I have some thyroid issues (hypo-thyroidism). Any ideas about what is causing these things would be appreciated!!
I don't think headaches are a symptom of thyroid cancer. If you are really worried about thyroid cancer though see a doctor for a few tests. Thyroglobulin serum is elevated in the most common types of thyroid cancer.

I have had both your symptoms due to magnesium deficiency. Might not be your reason but it is known magnesium levels in the body are lower in the afternoon.

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community