High 365 Troponin level after Ischaemic stroke. 29 years old.
Hi there, I was discharged from a stroke unit in the uk yesterday after having a mini ischaemic stroke which I was frombolised for. When I was first admitted my troponin levels were at 365, dropping to 190 over a 4 day period. I'm unsure of the level now but I imagine it's lower. But I know healthy people are supposed to have no reading. I'm a 29 year old, otherwise healthy female - no drinking smoking or drugs. No history of strokes in the family. I also had a fever for 2 days whilst admitted. I have been experiencing chest pain on and off for a few years, but obviously much more since the mini stroke.

I had a head CT, echo & head MRI which were all normal. I've had a chest MRI yesterday which they had real trouble getting as my ECG was 'all over the shop'. I'm awaiting the results from this and am due to have an echo bubble. That said my heart rate seems normal most the time, although pops up and down 42 to 264) and has been flashing AFib and tachy, but the hospital think my heart rate is generally ok. But it was a stroke unit and not a heart one.

I guess what I'm wondering is why my tropodol level was so high and wether I am in any danger of a heart attack or other cardiac events. As I've been discharged from the stroke unit and this is a cardiac issue, I'm worried this could get forgotten and could be an issue for me in future. I read online people with a high troponin level can have fatalities within 3 years. So I was hoping for some general advice.

C
Wow what a helpful forum...
Claire, you need to be aware that this is not an experts' forum.
This case is both very sensitive and complex.
You also need to make sure that the information you post is 100% accurate.
Is it possible you have mixed up Troponin levels with Creatine Kinase?

I understand that you are very concerned about your current health issues, but in order to get some helpful feedback, it would be very useful to post total CK, CK-MB, CK-MM, and CK-BB levels, if available.
The CK-BB is the one pertinent to the brain.

Do you also know what your actual Troponin levels are?

If you are not sure and do not have a copy of the test results, you should ask for copies.

Excerpt from a study titled:
--The significance of troponin elevation for the clinical course and outcome of first-ever ischaemic stroke.--
"Among patients with an abnormal troponin concentration in the acute phase of stroke, poor outcome is attributed to stroke severity on admission".

So this study conclusion, should offer you some degree of relief, in light of
the fact you only suffered a "mini" stroke.

Best wishes,
Niko