General Health Community

Highly irregular menstruation, abdominal pain?

Hi! I gave birth 8 months ago via C-section. It was an emergency cesarean because the ultrasound pointed to an 11-13 lb. baby. Well, he was only 8 lbs. 10 ozs., so they were way off and it turns out surgery was unneeded, because I delivered my first vaginally at 8 lbs. 6 ozs. with no problems (I'm 5' 11" and 220 lbs.). Anyway, since then my cycle is waaay off. I expected it to be off for a while, because that's completely normal after a birth, but it's been 8 1/2 months now. I got a light period after 4 months, but since then I have irregular spotting only. Sometimes it shows up at the time I'm supposed to have my next period and I think that's what it is, but it never progresses past light spotting. Other times it's completely random when it shows up. And what's really worrisome is the sharp abdominal pains I get, again, randomly. Also, and I'm not sure it's related, but I tend to think so because it's also hormone-related, is the fact that I've been getting acne lately like I did when I was a teenager. I'm also crabby and run-down. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much!
Also, I did not breastfeed and am 27 years old.
I would advise you to see your doctor to check your bloods for a hormone imbalance and also for anaemia.

Both can cause erratic and light periods.

May sure you eat a healthy balanced diet with iron rich foods with lots of fresh fruit and veg as well as drink plenty of water.

Best wishes.