General Health Community

Hormone imbalance after smoking?

I am a 39 year old male who quit smoking about 90 days ago. I have since gained a good 20 lbs. I could stand to gain the weight so no problem there, it is the distribution of the weight gain that seems odd to me. Most the weight gain has been in my lower abdomen, lower back and buttocks. My buttocks have even developed cellulite which I know is uncommon in men. Do you think I have developed a hormone imbalance since quitting smoking cigarettes?
Well, hormones are wacky so never say never but it is more likely a rapid weight gain.  20 pounds in 90 days is a lot very quickly.  I would up the exercise and try to soothe yourself some way orally so you don't eat (gum, chew on straws, etc.).  Congrats on being smoke free!  AWESOME!!!  That's not easy to do so good for you!  good luck