General Health Community

How treat heterotopic ossification after hip replacement?

I have bone growing on my hip in three places in close proximity to each other. The bone has grown around the sciatic nerve, muscle tissue, tendons, and ligaments . This is causing considerable pain and reduction of motion.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello~I am sorry you are having this painful experience. My best advice would be to discuss this with your GP/surgeon, it sure sounds like some surgical intervention may be needed.
I just did a search on this issue and this is what I found. "Once heterotopic ossification develops, surgical removal is the only effective treatment, followed by radiation or NSAIDs to prevent recurrence."
thank you