Is this safe?

I am a 14 year old male, a little overweight, but exercise regularly, and i would like to know if it is safe to be on an exercise bike 6-10 hours a day? I have all the water and food i need so i do not become famished or dehydrated, but i was just wondering if it would be safe for me to do, if safe i would be doing this for about a month or so.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for your reply, and i will be taking what you said to mind, and i am not really training for an event, but to be as fit as possible. As i have told Londres70, i will not be riding the full 10 hours every day, and i will not/have not started from a sedentary life style to this, i exercise regularly, and am not in bad shape. Though, i am a bit over weight which i plan to fix, i would like to work up to riding ATLEAST 5 hours a day, for 1 month, and after that i will be riding 2-5 hours a day.
Helpful - 0
Summer is ending, not much to do right now, I have the time, And it would be throughout my day, I would have enough time for 3 regular meals, one when i wake up, When i require another meal i will take a break, eat, and then continue an hour later, then when i require dinner, i will stop for the night, eat, and then sleep. And if i need to do any other activities, i will find time, im awake for about 16 hours a day, even if i were to ride the full 10 hours a day, i would still have 6 hours for what ever else i need to do, but i will not be riding the full 10 hours a day, every day.
Helpful - 0
This is NOT wise to do.  I would not recommend this kind of intense activity for weight loss.  Are you riding continuously or at different times of the day?  

How do you even have that kind of time?  I do not see when you would have adequate time to eat and rest/sleep.  

Please consult your physician WITH your parents about weight loss recommendations.  
Helpful - 0
first of all, are you doing this to help you lose weight? r is this a part of something you have to do for a specific reason? i f it is to lose weight then all you need to know is, you only need to do about an hour per day on the exercise bike and cut your calories by 500per day to lose roughly 2-3lbs a week. If the reason is the other for a specific reason then a would say probably not unless your training for some type of event,.
hope this helps
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community