General Health Community

Itchy Skin

I am a 67 year old female.  Non drinker.  Non caffeine drinker.  I have lost 60 lbs in the last year by dieting and exercising.

My question is simple.  Why does my skin itch and feel like I am getting bitten by something.  I have gone through food allergy testing (i have none), been to a dermatologist and been given advice on what to use for soap etc.  But nothing has changed.

I am concerned that it may be something serious.  However I do not feel ill just annoyed.  It is a horrible feeling.  A tiny prickly feeling all over on my face, arms, neck legs.  

Any ideas or do I need to go in for yet more test.  

I am increasing my water intake but not sure if that will help.  Benedryl and other antihistamine have not helped.  Nothing has help. Then all of a sudden after being annoyed for days it will stop.  

Any ideas.
Have you been tested for Hep C, just a thought