General Health Community

I've never had a fever in my life. Is there a name for my condition?

I'm 34 years old and I've never had a fever. When I was a child I had a perforated eardrum because the doctors couldn't diagnose an ear infection since I didn't have a fever. Since then I always had to say to the doctors when I come in sick for a visit: "I never have a fever" they always look at me like I'm nuts and don't know what I'm talking about.

I never cared about this condition but now I have a 4 month old baby and I'm afraid he may have this same condition too! He's been getting simptons of a flu but never a fever... I want to be able to take good care of him and know in advance if he has the same condition I have.

Can anyone please help me diagnose this? I've heard its a very rare condition but no one ever said what is it so I can research,

Thank you very much
I don't think there is a name for it and it shouldn't prevent you from diagnosing you or your child should you have an infection.  Tugging at ears?  Crying a lot?  Get baby checked for ear infection.  My kids had ear infections without fever.  They diagnose an ear infection by looking in.  So, you'll just need to read the signs of your child.  Go by other symptoms and you should be fine as also, fever can be tricky to read lots of times.  I've always had bad thermometers so go by general signs.  (I've tried every thermometer under the sun for at home and all seem to confuse me!).  good luck