Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Knee Pain

Over the past 4 days I have been experiencing pain/Throbbing in my right knee. I do not recall doing any activities which may have damaged it in anyway.
The pain feels like it comes from underneath my knee cap, slightly to the right. It throbbs when I am sat down, and if i move my knee left or right whilst my foot is on the floor I get a very sharp shooting pain which makes me jump.  also if i raise my leg out straight and then bring it towards me the sharp pain happens when my leg is at a 90 degree angle or less. The only history I have with joint problems was when I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis 5 years ago, which I experienced Arthritis pain in all my joints.

I have tried using a support band on it but hasn't helped.

Do I see my doctor Monday morning or would I just be wasting their time?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Sanantha, look seeing your doctor is a good thing, but to be it sounds very much like ligament trouble, for a start I would ice pack it 3 times a day for 20 minutes, the idea of this is to bring blood to the knee ligament and help heal it, and tens tretment through a physio, swimming breststroke leg movment only is a big help, and you need to end up doing 1K a day.
Ιts OK I ddi all this a couple of years ago and it worked for me and I'm now 65.
Good Luck
Helpful - 0
1703798 tn?1342807586
Have you put an ice pack on it?  I have had knee surgery on my right knee 5 times - each time the orthopedic doc has recommended icing the knee for a few minutes every day.  I had the "bad stuff" scraped out from the underside of that knee 4 of the 5 times for surgery.  The first time was for a torn meniscus after bumping it on a file cabinet at work.  Seeing the doctor is ALWAYS a good choice when a new pain arises - especially one that doesn't seem to want to go away.  Good Luck to you!
Helpful - 0
Also, I'd like to add.... I am 24 years old, female and weigh 128lb

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.