Aa
A
A
A
Close
General Health Community
9.05k Members

Lightheadedness/vision loss and swollen glands?

I've had several weird symptoms over this past month that have concerned me enough to schedule a doctor appointment. The soonest I was able to would be later in the week, and I was curious if anyone else had experienced symptoms like mine. It hasn't been too serious where I've questioned going to the ER (at least not yet), and like I said, any insight would be great. I'm not sure if they're all connected or if it is just coincidental. A little background information: I am a 21 year old female with no serious/abnormal health issues. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a popped blood vessel in my left eye. It continued to grow bigger until it covered the entire corner and was very noticeable. A little strip later occurred in the other but never grew (I had several really bad headaches around this time as well). I have been doing a lot of moving lately so this could have been due to this, but my dad also has high blood pressure so that was originally why I wanted to take a look at it. Just recently however (today), I was sitting down and not doing anything besides talking to a few other people when I felt a strange feeling in my chest, immediately became lightheaded and my vision blacked out for just a few seconds. It immediately went away. This has happened in the past, but years ago (and usually from sitting up too quickly). But I found this really weird. Then tonight I just noticed a swollen lump that's sore under my chin a little to the right that I'm guessing is a swollen lymph node. I'm wondering if these are all coincidentally happening at the same time, or if it is serious and I should just go to the ER rather than wait for an appointment. Obviously if I notice an increase in the lightheadedness/vision loss or any other strange symptoms I would go to the ER immediately, but any insight anyone might have would be great!
1 Responses
363281 tn?1590104173
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello,

With all the symptoms you are having, I highly suggest you see your physician as soon as possible. He needs to run a series of blood work on you and possibly other tests as well to rule out any serious issues.

Good luck and God bless.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.