General Health Community

Low 97.2 Temp 70 year old Father, former Leukemia patient

My father is 70 and is in good health, or was , he had Leukemia 10 years ago and he blood work is stable and has been since.  He is older and more prone to illness, he had pneumonia twice last year.  As of right now he has chills, very cold and aches , my concern is his temperature.  It is 97.2 , which I believe is very low and I don't know if this means something very important.  He has however been someone who runs lower than 98.6 his whole life that I am aware of.  He has had some coughing and hasn't felt so great the past couple of days, but able to do day to day things, but tonight the chills are really bad.  Is this something with should call and mention to his oncologist tonight just incase.  Im only concerned because I don't know much about a 97.2 temp and I want to help him asap if it is something.  He gets 6 month check ups for blood work and health, so as of a few months ago he was ok.  Any advice related to this would be extremely helpful !!!!! I want to take precautionary measures if I must.  I don't like things to get worse.
COMMUNITY LEADER

How is your dad doing now? If he is not better, then I highly suggest his making an appointment with his oncologist or even taking him to the ER.

God bless you.