General Health Community

Lump/bulge under armpit

I've had a round lump/bulge under my right armpit for the past 3 months that is only visible when I raise my arm. It's about 1 inch in size and has not changed in size over the last 3 months. When I try to feel it, I cannot feel any palpable lump. It is only visible as a bulge when I raise my arm. Is this something I need to be concerned about? I'm 30, female, and not overweight. I lost my health insurance and cannot go to the doctor. Thanks for any replies.
It could be a cyst. But with it being close to your breast area you really need to get it checked out.
Is there a clinic in your area that works on a sliding scale?   Remar
I don't think it's a cyst or even a breast-related lump. I can't feel any nodule, and it's only visible when I raise my arm. The best way I can describe it is it's a lump-like bulge along the vein (it's also painless, no redness or tenderness or anything like that).

Not aware of any clinics that would see me without insurance, but even if I were able to find someplace, what diagnostics or treatment could I really get w/o insurance? Just going to hope this is nothing until I can find work w/health coverage.

My daughter goes to a womens clinic and they work on a sliding scale. I'll ask her what to look for in the phone book.
I'll probably be sending you a PM if that's alright, when I find out from her. Take care. Remar
Thanks, I'd appreciate it.
Did you ever find out what this was? I have the same thing, I can kind of see it under my left arm too but it's just not as predominant there. I can't tell if I'm being paranoid or if I should be worried?