A
A
A
Close
General Health Community
8.96k Members

Lump in Groin Area

Hello,

My father went in for an ultrasound a few days ago after he noticed he has a large, hard, painful mass in between his thighs ( in groin area where his thighs touch). We were informed the mass/lump has a blood vessel inside and he was referred to a urologist for more tests. We are at the edge of our seats waiting for the doctors appointment and very worried. A little about my dad: he is 59, nonsmoker ( he quit after 20 years of smoking). He also went in for a blood test  and his results came back normal.

Any help you can give me is appreciated.
1 Responses
370181 tn?1428176748
I trust you are aware that none of us on these forums are doctors and therefore cannot give you any sort of diagnosis.
I understand how scary it is to wait for results, but it sounds like your dad is being very well taken care of and they are doing everything necessary to find the cause of this lump/mass.
I could make a couple of guesses like a cyst or a benign soft tissue tumor, but those are just guesses so what comfort could you get from that?
Did the doctor not give your father any ideas of what it might be? Since he was referred to a urologist, is this mass connected to his testicles?
I wish I could have given you a little more information to help ease your mind, but just know that you and your dad did the right thing by going to the doctor as soon as you did.
Please keep us posted and know we wish your dad the very best outcome.
RubyWitch  
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.