Lump under jaw

So I have a lump or inflammation of what I presume is a gland between my large neck muscle and under the back of my jaw line. Last week I was ok but developed a sore throat and headaches late last week and by the weekend I had a sore throat, vomited once and developed a  sore neck and this lump all in the space of a day. I dunno what it is but if I turn my neck now it's not that painful but before it felt like I had strained a muscle in my neck and the lump itself is quite tender to touch. It isn't massive and certainly not noticeable as you have to actually touch my neck to feel it and there is a size difference between my right and left sides of my neck in terms of swelling. I thought I had a viral infection which I still think I do but it's just weird because some of the things I've seen point towards it being from and infection then others to cancer like it feels hard and fixed but then again it's painful and occurred quite quickly after I had the sore throat and general tiredness.

It probably isn't cancer but I'm a bit scared it might be and my parents certainly think it's nothing to worry about but me being me I scared out of my mind about the cause of this.

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community