General Health Community

My 3yr old was bitten by a field mouse, should i be concerned?

My three year old granddaughter was bitten on her big toe last night by a wild field mouse. She has not had any childhood immunizations although I believe she was given a tetanus shot approx. 2 yrs ago. What conditions (and symptoms) could she be at risk for and should I take her to the Dr.?
This shouldn't be a major concern if she's had a tetanus vaccination.  The main risk is infection, but you can watch the bite location to see if there is any pain or swelling.  If it appears red or swollen, she should see a doctor.

I would double-check on that tetanus vaccine, though.  It's very important, as are all childhood immunizations.