Avatar universal

Need Help!

I'm a 48 year old woman I have a 23 year old daughter a 20 year old son and a 49 year old husband. About 8 yrs ago it started with my daughter first she would get a severe stomach cramp and turn bright red from head to toe, itching and burning like she was on fire and hives would welt up all over her followed by vomiting. I had taken her to the doctor. To be told it was a food allergy but her diet didn't matter she could eat something one day no problems the next she'd have this episode. I learned that the minute she had the stomach ache to put Benedryl down her and that would at least ease the symptoms. Then I started having these attacks same symptoms starting with a severe stomach ache followed by turning bright red head to toe, hives feel like my skin is on fire and vomiting, then my husband starting having the same thing except his lips swell also, now my son is starting to have the same thing and in him his lungs and throat start shutting down he has to be rushed to emergency room for an epi shot. If we recognize the stomach pain we can kinda ease the symptoms. This is not a food allergy. We don't know what it is and it comes on all of a sudden. It can be 2:00 in the morning while we are sleeping and to be woke up from it. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I could understand one family member but all of us?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
It's got to be something in your house or car because it's effecting your whole family. All of you should probably be checked for allergies. Do you have any mold in your house? Did you make any changes around the time this all started? Bath soap, laundry soap, anything you can think of? Do you have a gas furnace? You might want to have your house checked for mold and have the furnace checked. This is strange that it started with your daughter 8 years ago but is just starting to effect the rest of your family now.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
I believe it is either some type of mold or possibly something with the furnance.  If possible, see if you can have the home checked for toxic molds.  As for the furnance, check the home for radon levels.  You can buy a radon kit at a home improvement center and/or have a professional come out and check the furnance.

Keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Check home for toxic mold. Cheapest kit can be bought at Home Depot for about 10 bucks. Best testing is to hire an engineering or remediation company but this can cost thousands. Would start with the kit first.  Am a victim and survivor of toxic mold poisioning in my home. My entire family became ill and I almost lost my life. The horrible health effects of toxic mold is being unnoticed and misdiagnosed by the medical community. We lived a nightmare for over a year.  It will require a doctor trained in toxic mold to treat you, which there are only a handful, approximately 4 that I know of in the U.S. The rest of the doctors, allergists and so on will not be able to help you and tell you that mold cannot make you that sick.....don't believe them.  If you have any questions please ask and I will answer.  I want to help others. God bless you and your family.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.