PAINFULL!!! EEG

Hi everyone!!! I hope someone can help me. On Jan. 7, 2011, I had an EEG done that was the most painfull thing that was ever done to me. The lights were so bright that my eyes uncontrollably rolled downward in their sockets and the noises startled me. The pain was so bad that my left leg would jerk and shake and I could not stop it. I started having seizures in June, 2010, although I suspect I may have had them all my life as I now remember being told to get out of my "dream world and pay attention." and have since learned that this may have been seizures. I am 49 yrs. old, female, surgically menopausal at 35 yrs. I have had a recent weight loss of almost 100 lbs., of which I now weigh 98 lbs. This has all happened since June 2010. I am truly "scared to death." I sought out a new neurologist and a new PCP because the old ones were not doing anything to help me and the seizures were getting worse. My follow-up with the neuro is in Feb. and the 1st visit with the pcp is Feb.1. Anyone else had an experience like mine or have any ideas? The eeg was so bad I almost ask them to stop!! Thanks for your help
Can't say that I have ever had a painful EEG, but I have experienced EEGs.  I was diagnosed with Epilepsy when I was 6 years old.  It has been 39 years.  They use strobe lighting during the test and also will ask you to hyperventilate.  Not only can this cause spikes on your EEG, it also can induce seizures.  Perhaps, this is why you had so many problems.  I hope that things get better for you.  Peace