General Health Community

Pain behink my belly button

I have had a pain behind my belly button for about a month.  I went to the doctor when I first recognized the pain. The belly button was red and there was a discharge.  The pain had started to spread down and to the right part of my stomach.  A hernia was ruled out but the doctor wondered if I had an umbilical cyst.  The doctor referred me to the ER.  A CT scan was performed and everything was normal.  I was treated for Celulitus with antibiotics.  

The redness and discharge went away but the pain came back.  I received another round of antibiotics.  The pain came back again.  I went back to the doctor who prescribed me a stronger antibiotic.  The pain has come back after I completed the round.  I'm following the directions on how to take these meds, I'm not drinking or using other medications with the exception of antihistamine.

Are their any holistic alternatives to antibiotics?  Should I look for a specialist? If so, what kind?  
Yes I was thinking about appenicitis too. You might want to take  probiotics for a couple of months because of all the antibiotics. You don't want to get another infection from over use of antibiotics (Clostridium difficile can take over if you wipe of the normal bacteria in the gut).  Get the type that has a combination of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus. They can do lab tests that can help check for appendicitis such as your white blood cell count . I think also that a GI specialist may help with the or infectious disease doctor.