General Health Community

Painful Lump on Neck growing...

Last saturday i woke up with a painful lump on my neck, each day it is getting bigger and alot more painful.
The pain seems to have spread to my ear and causing ear ache, i am getting really bad headaches and pain in my chin has started too.
The lump is located on my neck, to the right side of my chin but a bit further back (like halfway between under my ear and my chin.
I went to a walk-in clinic because I couldn't get an appointment at my doctors, and they told me it is probably just a throat infection, but I do not have a sore throat.
It is gettin so painful that I get scared of waking up in the mornings because the pain gets alot worse everyday.
Can anyone give me any advice?
I'm wondering if it's a lymph node. Were you having any problems with your ear before this lump started? If you have an infection your lymph nodes will swell.
Can you go back to the clinic or see your Dr to have them check your ear for infection?
The other thing it may be is a cyst. If it is then your Dr can treat it. Remar