General Health Community

Passing kidney stones

After having sudden severe pain in my side Friday night I was diagnosed with a kidney stone in the ER.  CT scan shows one 5 mm stone.  ER doc told me if I suddenly stopped having pain it meant the stone had gone into the bladder and the stone would pass.  I left the ER after a demerol shot with very little discomfort up until last night when I did suddenly stop having all discomfort.  I have been drinking 100 oz. of fluid a day, continuing last night and this morning, but still have passed nothing.  I have been straining my urine as well.  My question is: How long does it take to pass a kidney stone after it has made its way to the bladder?
Could it be possible for a ct scan not to detect a stone. I had one done and nothing was found at that time. I have all the gallblader reactions and going crazy with the pain. Sometimes I feel I have somthing coming out of my unirany track.