General Health Community

Penile pain

My husband had a circumcision almost a year ago (a month before we were married.) He had a condition called Phimosis, where his foreskin was irretractable, and was incredibly uncomfortable for him. It also kept us from having sex. His mother said that he was circumcised when he was an infant, but- obviously, it didn't work out (although she was unaware of it...so we're assuming whatever happened was after he was out of diapers.)
  Since his circumcision, we still haven't been able to have sex. His penis is VERY sensitive, to the point where he can't even touch the head w/o pain. He went to the Dr. about it a few months ago, and the Dr. just said that it would take time for the sensitivity to go away. We are both virgins, so STD's aren't the issue. The other night he started having on/off throbbing pain in the head of it.
   This has been very stressful to both of us, emotionally and physically. Any advice or information is welcome.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello~I am so sorry your husband is having this difficulty. First, here is a link to the men's forum, they may have more insight than I to this dilemma: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Mens-Health/show/93
Second, I think I would see another doctor, one preferably who specializes in mens health.

I wish I could be of more help, but, hopefully, you will find the help you need soon.

Good luck and God bless
Susie