Aa
A
A
A
Close
General Health Community
9.05k Members

Persistent low grade fever

My 2 year old has been experiencing a persistent low fever (never dropping below 100 and often rising to 100.5-101 and higher) for about a week and a half. He first started with symptoms of a cold, sore throat, croupy cough, runny nose. After his fever did not go away the dr. said he probably had sinusitis and treated him with an antibiotic. He has been on that for 4 days and the fever is not gone however his cold symptoms are. Should we still be concerned about the fever?
1 Responses
I have four children & in 2 of my kiddos when they get sick, the fevers do persist.  One child had a low grade fever like you are explaining for over 7 days, with higher fevers the first couple.  I also had one child that would run fevers when ever she was teething.  Sometimes going on 10 day runs of those low grade fevers before a tooth would pop through.  I would watch for signs of dehydration, but otherwise not be overly concernce for now.  Good Luck!
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.