General Health Community

Please describe what treatments have been effective for metabolic syndrome.

Treatment for metabolic syndrome ranges from changes in diet and lifestyle to adminstering cholesterol-lowering and diabetes medications. Goals are to lower blood pressure and control body weight.
Your comments give me a new idea of where to go with my own symptoms.  No one has yet used the term metabolic syndrome to me, but I have all the symptoms and have felt frustrated trying to control diabetes with high blood pressure and cholesterol numbers that now require medication.  My biggest problem is getting my HDL numbers up.  The diet changes I have made seem to lower them along with the LDL and sugar numbers.  I think your Omega 3 addition is worth a try.