General Health Community

Pseudomyxoma peritonei

I dont know if this is the appropriate forum to post in, if not, please point me in the right direction.
Im due to have surgery for a benign ovarian cyst and it appears to be filled with mucous according to the CT scan. It is large (17x21x10cm) and I want it drained to get it out of a bikini incision, but my surgeon doesnt think it is a great idea. She is willing to do it, but insist I look up "pseudomyxoma peritonei", which could be caused by the mucous leaking into my abdomen. Im assuming it wont leak much though.
Im having trouble finding anything about this, all I can find is information about a rare cancer by that name, originating from the appendix. I also found the name of it mentioned in two places relating to ovarian cysts, but no explanation.

Non cancerous mucous must be different though, does anyone know anything about it? How much leaked mucous would cause it, symptoms, treatment?