Red Welts and Swelling

A little over a week ago my lower legs started to become sore and tender. It almost felt that I had bruises on them.  I am on the ground a lot with my kids and didn't really give a it a second thought.  Then they seemed to be getting more sore and I started to see red welts like the size of a quarter on my legs.  I thought that maybe an insect bit me and I was having a reaction.  I washed everything that I had come into contact with.  Now my left ankle is quite swollen and the welts seem to be spreading...I'm currently away on business, but when I sit for a long while my joints, hips, ankles REALLY hurt, almost as if I had done a 4 hour workout!  

I was thinking that some advil would make the swelling go down.  Does this sound like something that I should just wait out, or something more serious that someone needs to look at it?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
It could be "erythema nodosum" - i'm experiencing the same thing.... it's not a big deal but COULD be the sign of an underlying health problem... get it checked.
Anti-inflammatory could help - but get it checked!