General Health Community

Should I be Worried ?

A few months ago I discovered a lump in my breast at first I though maybe its a cyst or fibroadenoma , but it hasn't gone away and is hurting a little so I went to the doctors who sent me to get an ultrasound , which revealed I have 2 more lumps ! I have to week one week for the results but I am completely freaking out with the possibility it might be breast cancer.. btw I am a 20 year old girl not on birth control , so although it's rare I know for younger woman to have it there's still that chance , any thoughs?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello~I would try not to worry, it is fairly rare for one your age to have cancer, but not so much to have just benign cysts. It is more than likely just that and nothing else.
For anyone reading this post in the future it turned out I had fibrodenomas which are benign tumors and cause no harm ! And very common amongst young woman if it can bring a little peace of mind to people then that would be awesome :)
Well for one, tumors don't usually hurt. And if you had 3 malignant tumors that large, you'd be feeling very sick otherwise. That combined with the fact that you're 20... You're more likely to get bitten by a shark while simultaneously being stuck by lighting.