General Health Community

Should i worry?

I am a 37 yrs old male. And for as long as i remember, i bruise easily, but i dont bruise for no reason.
I have had depression for the last month, and as well i have quit smoking been almost a month now.
Did some blood tests today.
My RBC  came out 5.6
Hemoglobin 17.1
Hematocrit 48
WBC 5.38
Platelets 100

The doc said is the platelets that cause the bruising, he asked for some more tests, as in ABG, LDH,PTT,BLEED TIME, abdomen echo, and CXR.
Bleed time 2 mins
The abdomenal echi and chestt x ray were good.
All came out normal.

The doctor advised me to donate a unit of blood = 0.45 L blood.
And my high hemoglobin was due to my diet, and living in high altitudes and smoking (which i quit a month ago).

But needs to monitor the platelet level, at 100 is nothing to worry about but need to watch it.

Reading about platelets levels that they should be between 150 and 450...above 450 and below 70 are dangerous.
Should i worry about anything as in heart problems due to the high rbc levels and hemoglobin?

The doctor said i should worry about nothing. But i cant resist nit asking to get further peace of mind