General Health Community

Skin smells sickly sweet

A few days ago I woke up and noticed that there was a really sweet smell coming from my skin. It smells almost like apple juice. Obviously I tried showering, no difference, it's coming from inside, stronger in my sweat. I have also been much more fatigued then usual which is odd as I have always been the person whose only needed about 4 hours of sleep and never take naps.

Other then this issue I am a healthy and active 22 year old. I eat a very healthy vegetarian diet and I make sure I get enough protein through "fake meat" products. I also take vitamins and work out on a daily basis.

Any ideas as to what is wrong? I have only been able to find ties to diabetes and I have no family history of that on either side and it doesn't seem to fit with my healthy lifestyle, but you never know.  

thanks
COMMUNITY LEADER
My first thought was possibly diabetes. I am not sure what else could cause it. I would ask my doctor for a fasting glucose blood draw, this might give some insight as to what is going on.