A
A
A
Close
General Health Community
8.84k Members

Skin smells sickly sweet

Hello,

A few days ago I woke up and noticed that there was a really sweet smell coming from my skin. It smells almost like apple juice. Obviously I tried showering, no difference, it's coming from inside, stronger in my sweat. I have also been much more fatigued then usual which is odd as I have always been the person whose only needed about 4 hours of sleep and never take naps.

Other then this issue I am a healthy and active 22 year old. I eat a very healthy vegetarian diet and I make sure I get enough protein through "fake meat" products. I also take vitamins and work out on a daily basis.

Any ideas as to what is wrong? I have only been able to find ties to diabetes and I have no family history of that on either side and it doesn't seem to fit with my healthy lifestyle, but you never know.  

thanks
1 Responses
363281 tn?1518219421
COMMUNITY LEADER
My first thought was possibly diabetes. I am not sure what else could cause it. I would ask my doctor for a fasting glucose blood draw, this might give some insight as to what is going on.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
80052 tn?1550346932
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.