General Health Community

Small bump on end of nipple

Nearly a year ago I was trail running with a camel back strapped to my back. I had my shirt off and the front strap of the camel back was rubbing against my left nipple which I didn't notice until the 8 mile trip was over. The nipple was chaffed and sore but after a few days it healed up and the pain was gone, however there was now a bump on the end of the nipple. It always stays hard all the time. There is no pain or tenderness. I am not sure if this is maybe scar tissue or something else. I was looking too see if there was maybe a cream or an ointment i can apply to maybe fix the problem. Thank you!
You could try something like lanolin (nursing moms love it.  :>))  Or Aquaphor.  Both work well for things like this.  Kind of weird though, to be honest.  Do you see a doctor annually for a physical?  I'd show them next time when you are in.  I do not think it is anything to worry about and yes, likely just healing from your abrasion.  That's a 'sensitive' area.  good luck