General Health Community

Sneezing with pain

I was having dinner with my husband at a restaurant and while eating I sneezed several times.  During the sneezing cycles I felt pain in both my arms going down to my hands, the pain in the lower extremeties of my  lower arms was so severe I had to stop eating. I felt very weak for about an hour.  This has happened to me before but it was milder.  Is this normal to happen or does it have something to do with the heart?  What should I do?  Thank you...
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would not say it was normal. I think if it were me, I would ask my physician what was gonig on, it is always a good idea when heart related pain is present, to have it checked, always a good idea to be safer than sorry.
It's a new thing, only started when I caught my mother's cold. I don't sneeze on my own, so I have to tickle my nose hairs with a rolled-up tissue to clear my airways.

These forced sneezes send pain shooting through my forearms. Not sure if it's the bones or the muscles that hurt. The pain is what you'd get if you planked your arm & dared a friend to karate chop it. Also, it lingers & spreads a little to the muscles in the upper arms.

Many suggest this only happens to physically weak people unaccustomed to exercise.