General Health Community

Sperm Health

My wife and I have been trying to conceive a child but havn't had any luck. Currently I'm taking diflucan for valley fever as well as other meds to help with the side effects of the diflucan. Could any of these harm the health or number of sperm?
You would definitely want to ask your doctor that question.  I saw an article in a medical magazine in a hospital waiting room that said that the sperm are a bigger factor in health of a baby than previously realized.  Smoking, drinking, poor sleep, poor diet, high stress, and toxins all take a toll on sperm, weakening them.

I think it's a great question and worth researching.
If not the deflucan it could be some of the other drugs your on, a quick way would be to google them in mixs and see what your can find.
But how much longer do you need to be on them to clear your vally fever or is this a long term thing, have you looked at other meds for this problem or is this the only way out, have a try on earthclinic and see what you can find under vally fever.
Good Luck
It seams that you are on an antifungal, and antifungals effect your sperm, hence a low sperm count, google you vally fever and read the mayo clinic, it says you dont need to be on meds, just bed rest.
Good Luck
i'm on duflucan until my coxy levels go down and I show negative for valley fever, unfortunately rest is not the way to treat valley fever, valley fever will never go away but the diflucan stops the valley fever from spreading and gives your immune system and opportunity to fight back.