General Health Community

Staff Infection

My brother injected himself with what he says is a mixture of his own feces and water.  He did this IM and now has a knot in his arm at the injection site and a fever.   He refuses to go to the doctor.  I just need to know what can happen to him.  He said it was about 1.5cc worth of this "solution" he created.  Why does he have this knot?  It's not a normal abscess if it is an abscess at all.
Why would he feel the need to do that
Call the hospital and see what they think? I had an abcess that was hard as a rock. And mine was the deadly hospital staph version.
I went 5 days before I went to the hospital, and they said if I would have waited any longer.....well I wouldnt be here now!

I had to have surgery to remove it. Very, very painful. Call the E.R.
after going to the ER, you might want to take him on over to the psych hospital.