Stomach Bug? Something worse?

I caught a bit of a cold over a week ago and was starting to get better. (Runny nose, sore throat)

However all of a sudden I woke up late yesterday morning and felt nauseous. I went to eat breakfast and felt nauseous the entire time. When I got back home later that morning I felt dizzy and nauseous - I could barely stand. Upon arrival home I had to lie in bed all day - moving at all made me nauseous. Thinking about food made me nauseous. Being cold made me nauseous. All the while I was alternating between feeling very cold to very hot. I also began to have very bad diarrhea. I'd have to get up despite the nausea every few minutes to go to the washroom.

This continued until the next day when I felt better, prior to realizing I had had an "accident" while I was asleep, involving diarrhea. This continued in small amounts even while I was awake and was probably one of the most horrific things I've ever experienced. It has about 36 hours since the start of my symptoms and I still have liquid diarrhea, nausea, and I can't stomach eating anything (I just don't feel hungry at all for that matter).

I've never had anything last this long or be so severe and I'm not sure if I should see a doctor?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
  This is probably a case of stomach flu.  So sorry this happened to you.  It is certainly disconcerting to say the least.
     You might want to start the BRAT diet to get your stomach back in "shape".  Bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.