Strange Symptoms

My wife is 39 years old and in good health. About 3 days ago she experienced a sudden severe headache in the right temple area. Blurred/lost vision, black outs, and vomiting shortly followed. She has had it occur several times a day since, with exception of the vomiting. She also complained of lost motor skills; for example, she was helping our young daughter with home work and could not write or print letters or numbers. Each time she gets this pain she has trouble seeing, especially in the right eye along with ringing in her ears. It usually gets better within 2-5min. I am extremely concerned as I cannot get her to go get checked by a doctor as she "does not believe in doctors". (she believed in them when our 4 kids were born, believe me ). Please advise me as to what I should do.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Get her to doctor specializing in head pain. Sounds like she could have an aneurysm. I knew people that died from these complications
Helpful - 0
Please read up on strokes, I have just taken a First aid and CPR course and it sounds like she is having stroke-like episodes. I am no professional but this seems like a stroke. A stroke is when blood is lost in one side of the brain causing dizziness, loss of motor skills, confusion, blurred vision, and other symptoms. I am not trying to scare you but a stroke is rather serious. Do some research and if you think the symptoms match up force her to see a doctor. whether she believes in them or not this could save her from having a more serious stroke, which could do anything from paralyzing one side of the body or even death. I'm sorry to scare or worry. As I said, I may be wrong, this is only a best guess from a college student, who works with children and took a first aid and cpr course. I hope i helped in any way, best of luck and i really hope it turns out to be nothing serious.
Helpful - 0
Migraine can be very similar to what you've just described. But she should really go to the doctor. This could sign of a brain tumor or something else. Seriously, she needs to be checked. If its happening often thats her body telling her something. I don't know your wife, but maybe you could say how concerned you are and that for the childrens sake she should just go and make sure everything is ok. I had a friend who had symptoms for a very long time on and off. She didn't feel it was bad enough to go to a doctor, she died within 3 weeks of her diagnosis. Although this was ovarian cancer, you can see what i'm getting at. Your wife isn't being responsible by not going to the doctor. Just tell her how you feel, and that your really worried, and ask her if she would please just go and see her doctor. Hope everythings turns out ok for you. Lisa.
Helpful - 0
my partners sister boyfriend had those symptoms he when to the doctors who did mri ect and found a cancerous tumor the size of a walnut he had it cut out and the ringing in the ear and blurry vision went ect now he is healthy as.
i think you should take her to a doctors or hospital and please tell her she needs to go
Helpful - 0
My husband has these symtoms to the point where I had to take hime to the ER we found out there that he has what they call TIAs it is small strokes it needs to be checked and she will need to a asprin a daY and maybe some different meds depending on how bad she has them
Hope this helps
Misty
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community