General Health Community

Vitamin B2?

My neurologist prescribed me 400mg/day as a migraine preventative. I was looking up the benefits of B2 and I found that high doses can cause an increased risk for kidney stones, but I wasn't sure what qualified as a high dose. The only thing I found was 3500mg but that seems soo high and I don't know who would take that?

I kind of worry about my health a lot (possible anxiety there) but I don't want to call up my neuro and ask about the risk of kidney stones taking 400mg/day if it's nothing, but am I at risk for it? Or is it really only in doses of like 3500mg?

I'm also taking I believe 250mg of verapamil a day, and I've heard that can cause kidney stones. Is that true? And if so, does that plus this B2 make the risk higher or am I just over thinking this?
Hello there,
Hope you are doing well. Taking high doses of. riboflavin (400 mg/day) can help  reduce the number of migraine headache attacks and thus help in preventing migraine headaches. It may take up to three months to get best results. Calcium channel blockers can cause nausea, edema, rash, edema, low blood pressure etc.If you are anxious it is suggested to discuss your concerns with your treating physician. He may further refer you to the concerned specialist. Keep me posted with more queries and concerns.
Best luck and regards!