General Health Community

What kind of Doctor should I see?

So...over the past few months I have noticed that I am becoming thinner. Almost to the point where I would even say my bones are shrinking and my muscle tone is dissapearing (I don't know if this is actually happening, but thats what it looks like from my perspective). Other than a PCP or nutritionist, what other kind of Doctor or specialist can I go to in order to confirm or deny what I think is happening? Thank you for your help.
if your getting thinner without trying, it could be a thyroid disorder. u can go to ur pcp and ask for a thyroid lab. Its a blood test. Ask your family if it runs in your family. There are two types of disorders-overactive and underactive. Yours might be an overactive!
Good luck!!
it sounds like you have hyperthyroidism. That means your thyroid is overactive. Ask for blood work
You definitely should start with your primary care doctor. He or she should be able to run a CBC, and BMP as well as vitamin levels and thyroid function tests.
Hope you get to the bottom of this and start feeling better!
Any other symptoms?
It sounds like what is known as cachexia, and requires a thorough physical work-up to determine the cause. It could be something serious, such as cancer, or something that can be easily treated, such as a thyroid disorder.

If you have a good primary care physician, he should be able to guide you through the process.

Otherwise, I would seek a teaching hospital.

In any event, do not delay in seeking an M.D. to get evaluated. You don't need to see a specialist at this point. After the initial exam you will be in a better position to choose a direction.