General Health Community
8.48k Members

Why are my feet always red, blue or purple?

Ok so, i'm a 21 year old woman.. and my feet have never been a normal colour. When my feet are a normal tempeture they are red, if they are too hot they go purple, and of they are too cold they go blue! They have never been a flesh colour since the day i was born. It never use to bother me so much because it was just normal for me but when my mother pointed it out and said ' why are your feet always red? ' i began to question.. The other day i was looking through old photo albums of when i was 6/10 years old and noticed that my feet were red in those pictures! I just don't know why they are so red? If i stand too long, the bottom of my legs and ankles get sore and tingle, but if i lay down for a while my feet will go from beet red to a pale pink! Im just wondering if anyone knows what this is? My grandmother has raynaulds but i don't think this is what i have.. because my toes or my fingers don't lose blood supply, its more like too much blood is going to one area lol! Im no expert but im hoping to see if anyone knows what this could be.
1 Responses
973741 tn?1342346373
Hey sweetpotato, have you made any progress on getting yourself to the doctor.  https://www.medhelp.org/posts/Womens-Health/Why-are-my-feet-always-red--blue-or-purple/show/3014776#post_14305208  Still think that is the best course of action and that it could be related to circulation.  good luck
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1499064984
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
80052 tn?1496327897
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
General Health Community
8.48k Members
15.9k Questions
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.