abdominal pain on right side around the liver area

Hi I am a 23 year old female a couple of weeks ago I had a UTI. I went to the doctor and was given medication for it. The week after a pain on my right side above the appendix and below the stomach persisted I thought it might of been from the UTI so I waited a week to go by after I finished the medication to see if it would go away. It did not. I returned to the doctors and explained i still had pain on the right side and they sent me to have an ultrasound done on my gallbladder and liver. The results came back negative. Its now been two weeks since then and the pain is still there. Its like a stinging pain and it wakes me up everynight at 4 am with urgency to urinate. If i try to hold it the pain gets worse as soon as I void the pain goes away. The pain is not consistent it does come and go. Blood work and urine culture show no infection. What could this be?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I would be concerned about the possibility of a kidney stone. The UTI may have been because of a partial blockage in the ureter.  I am assuming that the UTI was confirmed and you were not merely put on antibiotics due to symptoms alone.  If that is the case a missed appendicitis would also be possible.  Gallbladder dysfunction would be a little further down the list.
Thank you for your reply. I was advised to drink plenty of water. The pain has now gone away.