General Health Community

bony lump on rib

Hi, I have a boney lump on my rib, right-hand side just below my collar bone, quite close to my sternum.  It is like a thickening of the rib, is hard, not moveable and non-painful.  Any ideas what this could be?  I don't recall injuring the area at all.  The lump is about 2cm long, along the line of the rib and quite shallow, I can just about see it in the mirror.
yeah i wouldnt worry about it i have the exact same thing. no pain and its been there for as long as i can remember. ive had it tested and the doctors say its probably just a deformation of the rib. hope that helps =]
I have the exact same thing. Same spot. Im  worried
furrycat, and all, You can get a bone scan if you are worried about this. I had one done on my hip that showed up an xray. it will rule out any serious issues. Usually they are benign but some rare instances can be something. Especially if it hasn't been there before. Can also maybe be due to an injury that you don't remember hitting the bone. But they can check it that way. It is a radio active dye. But doesn't hurt.
mkh9