General Health Community
8.85k Members
Avatar universal


I have a few spots by the anus the larger one i squeezed and this thick puss came out which smelt horrible. what could this be.
3 Responses
1415174 tn?1453246703
Don't squeeze , scratch or rub these things. They are probably a staphylococcal infection or other bacterial infection. Do they look like a boil or crusty? Do they itch or hurt? You can try for a few days putting a topical triple antibiotic on them but if it doesn't start to clear up. If it does continue it for until it goes away.  If it doesn't I would see a doctor. It is hard to clear this up because of the area they are in. Wash your hands often and anytime you touch the area as you can spread them easily to other areas. Wash all things that came in contact with the area, underwear, towels , wash rags etc. in hot soapy water.
Avatar universal
This sounds like it might be a perianal abscess.  Go to the wikipedia site below and see if what they describe sounds like what you are experiencing.

6886003 tn?1457234722
Could be hemmoroids, acne, cists, or ingrown hairs. If its closer to the anus then its most likely hemoroids. If its not then I would use e cream or oil to help it heal.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
80052 tn?1550346932
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.