daughters strange symptoms

My daughter has been shuttled to 4 different doctors in the last 3 months.  She has extremely high testosterone extremely low vitamin d and lesions on her brain.  she is only 29.  her symptoms have been excessive hair growth, alpecia, excessive weight gain in the stomach area and face.  she had thousands of test done.  no cysts on her ovaries, no tumors seen on an mri of her head.  thyroid uptake and ct scan were normal.  autoimmune tests came back normal.  she has a sharp pain that radiates from the back of her head into her ear cannal and the side of her neck.  she hurts all over - says it feels like it is her joints and muscles and is totally fatigued most of the time.  Right now her doctor has her on neurotin and two anti androgen medicines and megadoses of prescription vit d.  None of this has helped significantly.  Each time she sees the doctor they try something else, but he admits that he has no idea why her testosterone levels are so high or why her vit d levels are so low.  also has no idea where the pain in her head is coming from.  Can anyone maybe point us in the right direction?  At this point she feels like - why bother going to the doctor - none of them has been able to figure out what is wrong.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't know if I can be of much help, but I've learned that it is important to supplement magnesium and calcium in order for the body to be able to synthesize the vitamin D.  
Helpful - 0
What specialized physicians has she seen so far?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community