Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

daughters strange symptoms

My daughter has been shuttled to 4 different doctors in the last 3 months.  She has extremely high testosterone extremely low vitamin d and lesions on her brain.  she is only 29.  her symptoms have been excessive hair growth, alpecia, excessive weight gain in the stomach area and face.  she had thousands of test done.  no cysts on her ovaries, no tumors seen on an mri of her head.  thyroid uptake and ct scan were normal.  autoimmune tests came back normal.  she has a sharp pain that radiates from the back of her head into her ear cannal and the side of her neck.  she hurts all over - says it feels like it is her joints and muscles and is totally fatigued most of the time.  Right now her doctor has her on neurotin and two anti androgen medicines and megadoses of prescription vit d.  None of this has helped significantly.  Each time she sees the doctor they try something else, but he admits that he has no idea why her testosterone levels are so high or why her vit d levels are so low.  also has no idea where the pain in her head is coming from.  Can anyone maybe point us in the right direction?  At this point she feels like - why bother going to the doctor - none of them has been able to figure out what is wrong.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
681148 tn?1437661591
I don't know if I can be of much help, but I've learned that it is important to supplement magnesium and calcium in order for the body to be able to synthesize the vitamin D.  
Helpful - 0
What specialized physicians has she seen so far?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.