General Health Community

external ear ache

My husban is 54 yrs old and two days ago started with an oter ear ache, he now has a small lump behind the ear , just just inside where the lobe meets the jawbone,it is very painfull and he is concern, please tellme if this is serious.
Try a warm compress on the area to see if it goes down.  I had a lump and by the time I got to my doctor it was already gone. I was still concerned and went to a ENT doctor.  He prescriped an MRI.  Only thing wrong was a clogged salivary gland.  So now I ocassionaly rinse my mouth out with salt water.  Good Luck.