General Health Community
8.82k Members
1415521 tn?1281999729

external ear ache

My husban is 54 yrs old and two days ago started with an oter ear ache, he now has a small lump behind the ear , just just inside where the lobe meets the jawbone,it is very painfull and he is concern, please tellme if this is serious.
1 Responses
Avatar universal
Try a warm compress on the area to see if it goes down.  I had a lump and by the time I got to my doctor it was already gone. I was still concerned and went to a ENT doctor.  He prescriped an MRI.  Only thing wrong was a clogged salivary gland.  So now I ocassionaly rinse my mouth out with salt water.  Good Luck.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
80052 tn?1550346932
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.