General Health Community

general health

Imiquimod cream 5 was prescribed for a pre cancerous skin lesion on my face.  So far, only one trearment.  Hope it works well without much side effect.  Just wondering if I it is helpful in removing moles.  There is so much cream left in the packet, so I thought I might use to remove some annoying moles.  In past, would just have moles zapped off, but wondered if this topical cream would work.
Hi there,
Imiquimod is an immune response modifier with antiviral and antitumor properties. It is useful in many viral and neoplastic skin conditions. It is also useful in moles. It can cause few side effects like blisters, itching, open sores, scabs, and severe redness of the skin, scaling or a rash. Surgical treatment may be required if this topical cream doesn’t help. Do consult a dermatologist. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!