hard bump on lower left of head

Hello  I am a 46 year old man and for as long as I can remember I have noticed on each side of lower head you have a bump, but my left side is larger than the right and has been  for as long as I can remember now that I wear my hair short  you can see it protruding like a small tumor, its hard and does not move, it feels like skull and I wear a ball cap  a lot and it rubs there, I have had no medical problems from this that I know, however I plan on bringing it to the doctors attention, has anyone out there experienced this???
I Have the excact same thing in the same place as well my Doc said its a cist and as long as its not bothering me I'm okay but I'm a gal and my hair hides it, he also said its easy to remove but of course go and get it looked at and keep me posted thanks
yeah its a little weird it feels like bone to me and it doesnt hurt its just like one bump i bigger than the other so it sticks out , i dont feel any swollen lymph nodes anywhere but like I said when i go in for my check up I will have the doc look at it