General Health Community

hot spots

what is causing hot spots on my leg
Do you have any type of nerve damage or bone damage in you legs or back? I have nerve damage and back problems and I get hot and cold spots. My doctors have explained it to me that it is the nerves over compensating for loss of feeling.
what kind of dog is it? i have a pomeranian and have learned from him that all dogs with long hair tend to get hot spots just due to all of the fur contacting the skin and not letting the skin get any air. i recently had to shave my pom's back to let his skin cool down and so i could apply some anti-bacterial ointment on it.
  I do have neuropathy in both my arms from a neck injury and have been diagnosised with sacrililiitis  which is some kind of auto immune issue that can affect my pelvic spine and legs I guess.  Is there anything you have found that will control these hot spots?
Unfortunately there is nothing I have tried that has stopped or controlled them. But I also have permanent nerve damage. I looked up your condition and it mainly says that physical therapy and anti-inflammatory meds will help. I take Black cherry extract for inflammation ( I have osteoarthritis ). It works better than any prescription or OTC that I tried. I took 2 pills 3x per day for the first week then went to two per day. This was recommended by a acupuncturist and has worked great for me.  This is the link that I looked up it may be of help to you.  http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-sacroiliitis.htm Best of luck to you.