Aa
A
A
A
Close
General Health Community
8.93k Members

low pth

Im a 50 year old female with kidney stones sence i was 16 i have high blood pressure, hair thinning,loss of energy, cant concentrate, depression, osteoporosis, cant sleep, memory loss, heart palpitations, headaches, gastric acid, myasthenia gravis, bone pain,low vitamin D of 9.9 , pth of 16, blood calcium of 10.7 , blood in urine, i have 5 broken bones for 4 monthes that will not heal I have to keep my foot in a bone healing machine for 10 hours a day and my bones still wont heal, I have 1 break in my left foot, and my tail bone is broken my family Doctor wants to give me more calcium and more vitamin D is this a good idea? He keeps telling me everything is fine mean while i keep getting sicker. Any advice?
1 Responses
363281 tn?1518219421
COMMUNITY LEADER
My goodness, you poor thing, you really have a list of health issues. Gosh. Well, I would start by taking a good, food grade, multi-vitamin/mineral supplement. Extra Calcium and Vitamin are good studies show that almost everyone is deficient in this vitamin, I am, I take 5000IU a day via a liquid preparation. This, with the calcium and good supplements might help your bone issues and other issues such as the palpitations, depression, headache and bone pain. Has he prescribed a DEXA Scan for you. This is a bone scan x-ray that will show just how serious your Vitamin D deficiency is and also calcium deficiency. It takes a little over an hour. I would ask him for one if he has not done this, otherwise, he is just guessing as to what it wrong, blood work is great, but, having pictures is better.

Also, after these tests are done, and you both know more, I would see a good, chiropractor, they can sometimes help with the headaches, insomnia, palpitations, etc. When I have these problems, I see mine, and I usually am better afterwords. They also help with depression and the bone ache as well. However, I would get the DEXA Scan before you do anything else and also start the vitamins/minerals.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
AL
80052 tn?1550346932
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.