General Health Community

lower abdomen lump

i am 30 years old .healthy ,but i feel like i have a lump in my lower abdomen ,no pain maybe size of ping pong ball.what could it be .and is it my muscle .what could lumps in bellys be.is it something i should worry about.and i am shy to tell anyone about it cause maybe its my muscle.and i also have problems with constipation ,does it have anything to do with it.do i need to check it?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would not be ashamed to ask anyone about it at all. It could be a number of things such as constipation, gas, a muscle. How long have you had it? Is it growing? When you touch it, does it feel like it is "anchored down" or does it move? I would say, if it does get worse, to have it checked, lumps can sometimes be an indicator of something serious, but certainly not all of the time.
I agree. I would probably have it checked. I noticed the same type of lump on my mid side and was a little worried what it was as well. It has been there for about 6 months now and my doc told me it was a fat deposit. Im not overweight at all so I found it kind of strange but she said it was very common and no need to worry about it.

I realy think you should go to your dr, dont be shy that is why we have dr's. Any lump found in any part of your body should be checked.

Good luck