General Health Community

lump on the leg

hi, i found one small lump on my leg under the skin, i ran the day before so my leg was sore that's when i notice a small but very hard lump that you can defianly tell its a lump (between the knee and the foot). I just don't know if its very serious or just something simple because i have never heard of someone having cancer or a tumor or anything like that serious with their leg.
So just wanted to ask someone as to what is it and what should i do should i be worried?
its funny you say that...the other day i went for my injection in my back instead of them giving me one........... they get me ultrasound said it was nothing to worry about .....its a hard lump it scared me to. you   should go get  it checked   out ..........   it could be blood clot  or almost anythink
thanks, im gonna call my gp monday and make a appointment, hope its nothing too :)
I had a lump just above my right ankle for several years.  For along time the only time I knew it was there was putting my socks on.  9 months ago it started to feel warmer and grew a very small amount.  It was 1.5" round and about 3/8" tall.  It was filled with what felt like fatty substance so I went to the ER.  It was diagnosed as a "sebaceous cyst".  They lanced the mass and squeezed it like a zit.  The substance that came out was "keratin".  Possible causes in my situation could be past injury or an ingrown hair.  Hope that helps.
J